Monday 28 May 2012

Meal Planning Monday - the using everything up edition

Please don't feel short-changed but I have a confession to make. This is only half a week's meal plan. Why? Well, we are going on holiday on Friday so there is no point meal planning for then and the weekend. 

Because we're going away, I need to empty the fridge and I seem to have loads of bits in that need to be used, I've made a meal plan using them so nothing goes to waste. The aim is to buy as little food as possible this week. I've just done the plan and there is actually very little I need to buy. In fact, I've already made tonight's tea so all I have to do is put it in the oven - hot work but not as hot as if I'd done the prep, cooking and assembly whilst it was warming up. 

Don't expect anything particularly inspiring or innovative this week. Here we go. 

Monday - Lasagne
Tuesday - Fridge bottom risotto
Wednesday - Chicken fajitas (I need to buy a few wraps for this)
Thursday - The usual - sandwiches and crisps!

As you might have guessed, it's very unlikely you'll get a meal plan out of me next week! We are self-catering so there will be some cooking but routines will be slightly awry and days out may affect how much or how little I cook. We plan to relax, catch up with my sister (who lives down there), and have some great days out. Oh, and meet another lovely blogger who's going to be staying on the same park at the same time. 

Don't forget to let me know what you're eating this week and then, pop over to Mrs M's place to see what everyone else has got planned. 
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails