Monday 24 June 2013

Meal Planning Monday - the Wimbledon quick meals edition!

Meal Planning MondayYes, it's that time again and at the time of writing this on Sunday evening, I'm like a child on Christmas Eve. For tomorrow (today when you're reading this) is the first day of Wimbledon. I'm a huge tennis fan and I love it in all its forms but for me, Wimbledon is THE one as it's something I have grown up watching and I love the wall to wall coverage of it. Hence not a lot is going to get done for the duration and my meal plan has to reflect an ability to do mostly throw together meals or at least be able to be made ahead. You will note that two dishes from last week have reappeared as they got bumped after some last minute changes last week. I WILL get to make them this week.

Apart from tennis, I have to go to London for the day on Thursday which is going to be long as I have to get the 6am train from Preston. It's sandwich day anyway so at least they'll manage that between the three of them (the children now enjoy making their own butties when I let them). Oh, and Monkey has chosen Monday's tea as he has a friend coming for tea, a boy who has recently joined his class from another school. Again, I made sure it didn't involve too much faffing or can be made ahead of time and will help me maximise tennis viewing opportunities.

This is the plan, in all its glory.

Monday - Lasagne
Tuesday - Sweet and sticky wings (with supermarket coleslaw, so shoot me)
Wednesday- Baked aubergines with cannellini beans
Thursday - Sandwiches
Friday - Pea & spring onion tart (will make this on Weds)
Saturday - Sweet chilli bangers in buns and coleslaw
Sunday - Sweet potato and spinach bake

So, are you excited about Wimbledon? Have you planned nothing but sandwiches and salads for the next fortnight? What are you having? Tell me, then pop over to Mrs M's by clicking the badge above and discovering lots more meal planning entries. 
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails